Profiles for industrial applications, in general, have a complex extrusion process and are appositely engineered to be coupled with an industrial product composed of multiple parts.
When a plastic profile is inserted in another product composed of multiple elements, it is essential that the extrudate functions as designed in the engineering phase.
Whether it is a profile inserted in appliances, or in airplanes, it must work efficiently with other elements of the final product.
We have been manufacturing plastic profiles for industrial applications for many years, and from our experience we have learned that success depends on these three factors:
- A thorough preliminary engineering analysis that we perform internally
- The selection of the most suitable plastic raw material, after having scrutinized various technopolymers that can be utilized. Because of our overall experience, the technical department is in a position to suggest the best possible solution according to the selected raw material. It is also important to be continually updated on new raw materials, and at the same time, have direct contact with engineers from the primary plastic raw material suppliers.
- The capability to find innovative solutions. The plastic profiles that we manufacture are applied in different market segments, and the valuable experience we’ve acquired by working in many industries, allows us to transfer the know-how in new projects.
Our personnel that manages this segment is highly specialized and is continually researching new plastic materials and the most efficient and innovative production processes.
The following points describe the various steps required to manufacture plastic profiles for industrial applications:
- Thorough engineering analysis of the customer’s final product in which the plastic profile or gasket will be inserted
- Detailed engineering of the profile, also in co-design with the customer
- Meticulous selection of the plastic raw material
- Evaluation of the best production process
- Analysis of potential problems
- Design and production of the prototype
- Trials of various plastic materials with the identified production process
- Eventual modifications of the original profile design
- Manufacturing of extrusion tooling
- Plastic profile samples with selected raw materials
- Eventual measurement and raw material modifications / corrections
- Final samples and product trial in customers’ works
- Industrial batch extrusion run and specific programmed tests during the complete process